PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Mar 2011, 13:14
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mesmer

I believe BASSA suggested it only because they knew there was no other option than to accept Mixed Fleet. BA have been planning a new fleet for many years and why should they all of the sudden take it off the table? Instead BASSA have been trying to get some sort of control of the fleet to avoid BA taking all of our lucrative routes and starving the rest of us out of employment. The main point with the new fleet is to save money, isn't it?

I think you, and many others, are not actually understanding what the strike was all about. It was about the principle of imposition, not the actual fact that a crew member was removed and the CSD role became a service role. Many of you seem to think that's it all about the CSD having to do a bit of work onboard.

As for the MTP, I prefer it over the top-up payment solution as in such case you would have to wait almost a year to receive whatever BA might possibly not have paid you over the months as we are very dependent on our allowances. With the top-up payment you could be sat at home on endless standby duties without earning a penny except your basic salary whilst having to wait a year for the reimbursement. I'm still a bit suspicious about the MTP. Firstly, in five years Mixed Fleet would have grown a lot, why would BA still pay us the same amount whilst we operating fewer routes? Secondly, I have never heard of another airline in the world offering this sort of package which itself makes it a bit strange.

A bidding system? It should have been introduced years ago, not when we are working on a shrinking fleet losing destinations almost every month.