PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 20th Mar 2011, 10:53
Desert Strip Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Point 2. I agree modular limits you further. Once again - I'm not trying to say one training route is better than the other, I'm trying to illustrate that people's over eagerness to pay over inflated prices are too high a personal gamble and the current training industry practices (both FTO's and wet-behind-the-ears-money-no-object applicants) will have a long term detrimental effect (if not already). I'd even venture further that integrated training is possibly more effective though with one major factor for consideration. The integrated courses were at one time the sole preserve of sponsorship schemes (BA et al) - selection was by aptitude and this regulated the 'integrated industry'. Now misguided people are being encouraged (by the revenue hungry providers, not the employers) to take ever higher gambles. I am simply trying to raise awareness that this has perhaps gone too far.

Point 4. I understand what you are referring to but not sure which point you are replying to?