PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK's Arbitrary 55t Requirement
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2011, 09:48
Will Rogers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Much like the guys that got upset about the DEWA cap, the limit to days off in a row and the change in the productivity threshold etc, etc. should all have seen it coming so what were they thinking when they complained about that?

I'm not asking for sympathy, I'm am only stating the fact that the implementation of the rule was done in an unfair (getting to be a big word here) manner. I have said again and again that I understand that there always have been and always will be changes that affect us in a negative way as that is how it works down here. Like I've also said that I accept that I have to live with that but it doesn't stop me from having the right to say I don't like it. If you were to look at the "real" world one would think that they would have used "grandfather rights" for people that joined before. Much like they should have done when the changed the other conditions in our contracts. Now you, I and everyone else know that will never happen down here. Again, a fact of life in the desert.

As for the special treatment you are referring to I never said I should be treated differently from all the rest and I wouldn't expect any company in the world to make rulings based on the effect it may have on one person. This has affected A LOT of people though and I would not be surprised if a certain nationality, which represents a lot of these people, saw a huge decrease in numbers once the market opens up a bit more (which it is already starting to do). So maybe they should "stop and say, "hang on a minute, that rule will be a bit unfair" as it will result in a lot of guys potentially leaving which would affect the airline in a negative way. I know; that's also not gonna happen!

All I said was that I think EVERYONE should be give a fair chance. 55T experience or not. That's my view anyway...

As I don't know how long you have been here it's hard to figure out how many changes you have gone through but I'm sure that you haven't agreed with all of them and that you've felt like you have been treated unfairly once or twice!? I sincerely hope that you always look in the mirror and tell yourself: tough! should have seen that coming, let's move along now.

As for what type of aircraft (or what weight for that matter) I agree with Wizofoz 100%. There is nothing to say that you are better qualified because it was bigger or heavier. A lot of the "small jets" out there are a lot better equipped then the archaic stuff we fly around. There are also quite a few of them that have more or less the same range that many of the EK airplanes and as a result the operations do not differ that much apart from the number of passengers carried.

That's about all I have to say for myself on that subject so I'm gonna disregard fatbus comments apart from the last one and "move on" and enjoy my life here in sunny Dubai.

Happy flying!