PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA in OZ
Thread: GA in OZ
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2011, 08:51
HomeJames

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hold Short Old Fruit,

Now my boy, you do not have any idea of my background, however I assure you that you are so far from the truth it is comical. That said, I would like to address some of the points raised in your previous posts.

You sound like the perfect little, daddy paid for my flying, union boy
These two are normally mutually exclusive. Your assumption is incorrect, I paid for every last penny of my flying. However, as strawbs sang, I am a union man.

who wouldn't get his hands dirty if they were dippped in oil. Your simply above everyone arn't you. Oh how I envey you!
You're, aren't, envy. If by getting my hands dirty you refer to flying unserviceable aircraft and blatantly breaking the rules, then no, I won't get my hands dirty. Furthermore, I do not consider myself above anyone.

If YOU ever ventured out into the big wide world, Home James, you would truely see how real it is out there.
Truly. Ah, attempt to scorn my experience, therefore rendering my arguments invalid. Whether or not I have experience or not is not that relevant. However, I do have experience in this industry, far more than you estimate I would wager.

Now, for the AFAP. My 950 subscription (1% of annual salary and all that) gets me negotiating power during EBA negotiations, representation in the event of unfair dismissal, and access to the best loss of license insurance I can find. It also makes me feel like I am giving back to the industry I dearly and deeply love. However, this is probably going in one ear and out the other as it would appear you have your mind firmly made up. You seem to have the viewpoint, like many freeloaders in this industry of 'what has the union ever done for me'. This is evidenced in your letter a few posts up where you write

I'd like to finish by asking you why should I, and many other aviation pilots in the General Aviation Industry, become a member of this federation
Please excuse my vulgarities everyone, but HoldShort,

You are a freeloading pissant, who breaks rules knowingly and repeatedly in an attempt to get ahead, only to then turn around and moan about what you had to do. You moan as if your life depended on it by relying on the 'real world' and 'if it wasn't me it would be someone else' arguments, however invalid they are. You are not a professional, you, and your ilk are a large contributory factor in the decline of aviation. The honor of this vocation is slipping away, being aided by P2F schemes, and spineless know-it alls like yourself who bleat first and get the facts later. You sir are a prig.

I do sincerely apologise to everyone else for that outburst, I think more glenmorangie is in order, and to spend the rest of my sunday evening in peace.

Straight home and don't spare the horses.