PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 20th Mar 2011, 08:50
Mesmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissM

A shorter post this time:

You mentioned:
basic salary and overtime pay reduced
Were they? I missed that. I know there was a pay freeze, but when were they reduced?

Also, can you tell me if you were in favour of or against the monthly travel payment? The only argument I heard against it was that it was not in the contract and that therefore BA could take it away whenever they like.

As I see it, agreed pay issues are contractual (according even to BA) so this is not likely. On top of that, those items which the MTP was to replace - overtime, Box payments, back to back payments - are not in my contract! They are no more contractual than the MTP would have been; and if BA wanted to take them away it would be much easier to chip away at a load of small issues like the back to back payment than it would be to take away one big lump sum. Also, the MTP could have opened the door to the possibility of a bidding system because a 4-day trip to Narita would no longer be worth umpteen times what a four day trip somewhere else is.

So can you please explain the arguments against the MTP?

Cheers,
M