PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA in OZ
Thread: GA in OZ
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2011, 05:45
HomeJames

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jolly Good Show Hold Short!

Sit on the sideline as a non union member and fling the proverbial about the fact that they have never done anything for you. Congratulations old boy, you are part of the problem you complain about.

Within the last 3 years I've moved through 3 different employers, both of which paid well under the award. Never got O/N allowances, expected to fudge duty times, expected to wait under the planes wing from 7am till 5pm (if the pax were even remotely on time) in 45 degree heat, cover up out-of-date fire extinguishers and life jackets, fly an aircraft when you know its only running on 3 cylinders instead of 4. And thats only to mention a few! If you don't or wont do it...there is the door. And sure enough, they will have somone to replace you who WILL do the job before you even hear the door slam behind you. THATS THE REALITY!
Oh how I love the defence of 'if I didn't do it, someone else would'. I also find it highly amusing how you've been underpaid for the last 3 years yet done nothing about it apart from moan. Your allegations about flying unserviceable aircraft are a riot as well. In addition, how can you have moved through 3 employers and both of them have underpaid??

I do believe that you need to develop some intestinal fortitude.

Saw a fantastic website last month, there is a character on there that reminds me of yourself, I believe the term pissant comes to mind.

The Union Pilot

Straight home and don't spare the horses.