PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pelair jobs on AFAP
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2011, 00:23
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey 'scardycat' (easier to type) I'd love to be a fly on the wall when that operation starts up:-)
I just feel sorry for all the guys/gals at the coal face whom are treated like a piece of office furniture, moved around or sold off..........the Vic Govt ought to be ashamed of themselves but hey we are talking about Pollies here who live in an insulated world mostly & haven't got a clue!
Still lets keep positive about all this & remember that someone out there knows better than us !

'L&F' hours of experience will be a thing of the past in the years to come,like bi-planes they where replaced with mono-planes & so it's to become the way of the future, (now where have a I heard that b4?) right or wrong Airline pilots & the way they where made as we know it will just be written into the history books.

Experience is an interesting word though. Here's a good Eg that 'experience' doesn't necessarily mean just that.
Some years ago I sat in on a pilot interview just 'cause they wanted a serving line driver to be part of it & the guy whom was applying for the small jet job on offer had 5000+hrs exp.in his log book Sounds good on paper BUT 4000 or so of that was instructing in SE planes, a lot in a PA28.Now nothing wrong with that but the 5000 No. at the end of the day meant zip as he had little in the way of twin time that would have been considered good experience for a progression up the ladder to a Lear 35 jet job.
Give me a guy who has had a couple of 1000 hrs out there in the mud & guts of raw general twin charter flying & he'll be the one that can think on his feet when the sh1t hits the fan! You can teach a monkey to fly an Airbus ( I know!) but situational awareness & being able to think on their own two feet when it all goes pear shaped can only be drawn upon with some of that at times empty word...........experience

Wmk2