PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA in OZ
Thread: GA in OZ
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2011, 23:28
aileron_69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think outside the box

Are there any small GA companies out there in OZ that actually care about their pilots?
Seems to me from my experience they are just out to take advantage of GA pilots.Pay below award and out to extract as much as they can from you.Not to mention duty times,HA!
Of course there are. You are just looking into a very big box with tunnel vision. The company I work for is a smallish GA company, we fly C210s, and we get paid 3 times the award with accom paid for and a generous per diem. The previous company I worked for, an even smaller GA company was the same. Both these companies we stuck to flight and duty times religiously and would have our asses kicked if we even thought about going over them.
What you are referring to with the crap ass pay and operators just wanting to get maximum work for minimum dollars is GA Charter. It is a place everyone is out to get to a bigger plane as fast as they can, and the operators know this, and know that as a result, their pilots will cop it on the chin and put up with it.
GA is a big industry, and it is not limited to charter. Charter is just the tip of the iceberg, so if you are being screwed, its only by yourself, go out there and find the real GA jobs, the ones with the pay and conditions that you want. There are plenty out there, you just have to talk to the right people to find them.