PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK's Arbitrary 55t Requirement
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2011, 19:47
Will Rogers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Praise Jebus,

Yes you're right. Things have constantly changed here just like it has in most airlines around the world. How could we possibly be so dumb as to accept a job offer under those conditions??? We should have known better and stayed in whatever jobs we were in so that we wouldn't be here complaining about how unfair it is. Believe it or not, I actually don't complain and in this case I'm simply stating the fact (for it is a fact regardless of how you twist it) that this new-ish rule is UNFAIR.

As I wrote in a previous post I understand that things change here and I do accept that although I do not have to agree with all of it. In addition this extreme change only came about after MEL and there is no way that any of us could have foreseen the MEL event and the fallout from it when we joined. There is absolutely no way to take ALL things into consideration when you make the decision to accept. Now we're here and like I said earlier; we suck it up and do our jobs to the best of our abilities...

Now if you can tell me a good way of reasoning that makes the 55T change "fair" (or if you can come up with a better word then unfair) for those of us who were here before the rule was invented then I'm all ears.

Wizofoz: It was not in the FOM and it is not in the OM-A as of yet but the latest update to the FCI states that it will be written in to the OM-A in the next revision.

Flyer1015: As for your 55T question the answer is yes. No idea about the 30T "rule" although I hear it is very loosely enforced...