PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA in OZ
Thread: GA in OZ
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2011, 17:57
Peter Fanelli

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Seems to me from my experience they are just out to take advantage of GA pilots.Pay below award and out to extract as much as they can from you.Not to mention duty times,HA!
And you expect it to be different how?

I once heard a former employer telling the office staff how good it would be to own an airline if only she didn't have to employ pilots.

Yes this would be the same one who spent 40 bux or so on petrol and drove 600 K round trip to sit in the office in the dark after parking her car out of sight behind the hangar and ambush me to chew me out prior to my starting duty for the weekend run.

My crime......The day before I had given a passenger who had been told she could pay for her ticket when she came out for the flight a $16.00 discount because the office staff didn't start work until after the flight left and pilots who were trusted with machines worth 6 figures could not be trusted with access to 50 bux of petty cash to give change to the customers.

I came so close to parking the plane in Boulia and getting a bus home, except I probably would have left it somewhere other than Boulia.