PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stand down chaps, Libya announce ceasefire.
Old 19th Mar 2011, 08:19
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hell Man,

I probably did not make myself clear last night, my apologies. The point I was trying to make was that we should not being doing this to Libya in the name of democracy. That is sending out the wrong message, especially to those demonstrating in Bahrain and Saudi etc.

Gaddafi and his rogue state, as it is, needs to go and I am quite happy for us to bomb the cr@p out of him. We should also being doing this to all other rogue states around the world, whether they have oil or not. To pick and choose which countries we do and then do it in the name of democracy smacks of total hypocrisy to others around the world watching.

The message we should be putting across is that the “World” will no longer tolerate rogue states that threaten the stability of the planet or persecutes its own population. Do this and the World will deal with you.

Many countries that do not have democracy (as we know it) have lived in peace and harmony for many, many years. In my opinion Tunisia was a mistake and should not have happened in the way that it did. The people of Tunisia were nowhere near as oppressed as those in other countries. Sadly it happened and it has set off a chain of events leading to where we are today.

I have also spent a little bit of my life in the Middle East, in several counties some of which were very nice, but to be quite frank, a few buckets of instant sunshine, in certain areas, would have solved all our problems years ago.

GreenKnight121

I totally agree with you

Last edited by SRENNAPS; 19th Mar 2011 at 08:38.