PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pelair jobs on AFAP
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2011, 08:09
Low and Fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wally Mk2

Wally I do agree with you but there seems to be no consistency in experience amongst all types of different operations as advertised, e.g from GA to the Airlines. It just seems to me a set of lucky numbers picked out of a hat.

Experience is of course something that a person gains every time that person flys whether you've got 300hrs or 3000hrs and whether your flying a C172 or B737

Look I do understand that aero med work would be challenging, single pilot IFR to outback strips etc, all odd hours of operation. But to me the type of operation that I believe would suit such criteria would be airline ops A320, B737 and so one.

Now you can with as little as 200hrs jump in the RH seat of an A320 with J*, VB/Skywest soon to follow with these cadetshipsand and 150hrs with Qlink I don't believe in flying such a large sophisticated A/C with these low hours, technically the first officer in my opinion needs to be just as competent with command decision making as the captain and some reasonable experience under his or her belt, and must be capable of taking full control of an A/C if the captain becomes incapacitated.
Cadetships are only for profiteering in my view.

The regulator needs an experience scale put in place.

as an example
Commercial Licence onwards

Out back bush flying 500hrs experience min
GA charter IFR 1000hrs experience min
Regional Airlines 1500hrs experience min
Major Airlines VB J* etc 3000hrs experience min

Anyway that's my opinion and I'm sure some would disagree

L&F