PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC Cards and Aviation ID Australia - FINES
Old 19th Mar 2011, 05:37
aroa

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts
Next time a CASA person fronts me with his ASIC turned around, I'll know to step forward and book him for incorrect display.

No doubt the Federal authorites that are really into the "nitty-gritty" of terrorism, have a handle on the real issues. Well, we hope so.

I'm afraid the logic of removing nail clippers from little old grannies has stopped terrorist events, doesnt quiet cut it.

The ASIC bit was a political "got to be seen to be doing something" bit, that has given a lot of "wallies" jobs... and been a complete pain in the ar$e for joe public. Compare that with the US of A where they've had the events. GA there was seen as part of the solution, not part of the problem like the control freaks here. eg Rum Corps boss around the convicts.
Why no photo on a Pilot Licence like the Drivers licence, which is the most commonly used ID.

Alas in Bureaucratalia, a chance to build yet another empire..!!

In the end it will be like the Roman empire.. it becomes unsustainable and eventually fail.
But we're in for a long wait.

2 examples to show that you can feel secure at night.

LAME walks from hangar door to shed door... 5 paces on tarmac. Dressed in the uniform of the company, name displayed on both shirt and shed. Just stepped out to grab a tool... but alas a passing sharp eyed "plonker", doesnt see THE CARD, back inside on his trolley. Da da.. Gotcha.!!

Pilot in FNQ with aircraft rego XXY, currenty dismantled and stored in a shed, get a fine-threatening letter because XXY is not chocked and locked at MBB.!
Must be some mistake says the owner. No no you are the reg owner... must be you..!! ( good thinking there 99!) Please check what it was you actually saw at MBB and get back. Nil further.

Sleep well.!