PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2011, 05:05
captainsuperstorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Now, you might meet hiring minimums at a regional airline with 800hrs, but by 2013, 1500hrs and your ATP will be the minimum in the USA, per law
yes you are right, these suckers are shotting a bullet in their own feet.
they have just 2 years to get all their pilots with 1500h, or the airline will be grounded or kicked out.

let's see, if they hire now a lower time pilot, 200h, he has 2 years to make 1300h. 650 hours a year, so far so good.ok?

now next year, pilots will have only 1 year to make these magical 1300h to complete with his 200h, when airlines max fly is 1000h/year.Airlines are ******, and will hire guys with 650h at least so he will reach the 1500h TT in 1 year.

in 2 years, they will have to hire pilots with minimum 1500h . once all these guys are hired, what next? considering the surplus of pilot is 20%in the USA.
Once all these unemployed pilots are back flying for minimum salary, what will happen next?

If the airline industry need more pilots(to compensate retirements, pilots leaving for good the industry,...), will pilots borrow more money for a cpl and 1500h as a FI to be paid 800$ a month in a flight school?(when pilots have already 50'000-100'000$ debts?).

what bank will lend this money?nobody.Banks have learned their lesson. The Bankruptcy generation is over.

I predict USA will have a pilot shortage in 3 years.The peak will be in 2017,next crisis, maybe 2019... The airlines will be short of pilots willing to be paid **** and never make a living (first salary in a regional airline is 1300$ a month and they need 4000h at least to join a major airline, in the future major airlines will adapt salary for slaves).

I don't see any pilot shortage in the EU for these next 7 years as long we have these p2f(pay to fly ) schemes around . EU pilots or US pilots are once again ******!!

USA can not hire EU pilots. in worse case, they will train their own pilots (cadets).

in a general way, if you look at these last 20 years, there are not many job for pilots. The worst place are EU and India for low time pilots(due to a small General Industry).

How many young pilots I have met in my life?, hundred, most without job, and the amazing thing is to see the flight schools being overfilled by young chaps who don't know anything and most think they will fly a jet right after their expensive flight school (the "me me me or want all asap" generation").

Like a guy, not long time ago, told me he will fly a jet once he has his license and he has spent all his daddy cash in an expensive school . Now this muppet has nothing left, fly maybe 1-2 hours a month, he still survives with daddy money .

What this punk is going to do in 5-10 years? nothing...complaining there is no job and telling to everyone he did a mistake!
I am telling you, do something else more productive , learn a backup job where you can make real money and be happy.

Last edited by captainsuperstorm; 18th Apr 2011 at 06:43.