PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 18th Mar 2011, 17:13
Desert Strip Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm really worried I'm causing you a nervous breakdown. Right:

1. As another poster has said above, if you want to add living costs to both please do so. But also take my salary off that - and that's £43k. That's £43k of income that an integrated student would not get BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT WORKING!!! Hope you now get it. To be fair - you should also take off all my holidays, car etc. It will bring you back to the £700/month figure. Either way I've still had a good quality of life, while training at my own pace.

2. For that mythical year you are ahead, I'm still working in my non flying job (at actually better than a FO salary - but that's by the wayside). Anyway - I'll let you believe that you'll get in 1 year earlier (£60k has to be worth something). However, when you're on yr 25 salary, I'm on yr 24 salary, so it's only the difference between the two, not a full yr 25 salary (your understanding of basic economics is worrying to say the least). So take into account I've got £60k invested for 25 years (maybe property), was already paid better than you as an FO for one year while I was still looking for work and you'd got your flying job. Add to that the real world scenario that as you've raced into a dodgy employment situation rather than slowing down as a modular student would, then we just might be as employable as one another anyway.

I'll take my chances thanks!!