PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 18th Mar 2011, 13:37
Desert Strip Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaw it then. I'd agree that the money saved could be spent on other things and the true cost of modular at ~£40k doesn't change, but then if you want to be a pilot what's of more value to you? If savings are coming in, you can't argue with the final financial situation presented - going modular while holding down a reasonably well paid job will leave you ~£60k better off than your integrated friend (assuming he/she doesn't take out a loan to finance their ego driven 'have it now' charge to oblivion), with a well paid job while you're looking for employment and with a fallback career. If you dispute my thread then I'd have to disagree with you again - if I'm wrong then now is as good a time as any to go integrated. But I know I'm right - self funded integrated and all the rot it's promoted in this industry has a lot of heartache to answer for. Either way - go on then, prove yourself.....................

Last edited by Desert Strip Basher; 18th Mar 2011 at 13:57.