PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pelair jobs on AFAP
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2011, 10:46
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'L&F' to some degree yr right why would you bother with such high exp requirements but the Aero-Med job isn't like Airline stuff.
I moved on from Med flying 'cause I didn't want to work for peanuts & in my mind nobody will do as good a job as the RFDS but that's just my opinion. PelAir's entry req's. are very appropriate contractual & otherwise for this job.

Most times flying the Med stuff is routine but it's that one in a hundred that times you need to be very switched on as the environment out there can be the most hazardous of all flying.

Here's a good Eg just for the interesting story if nothing else. Some years ago now pre B200's (pre 2000) a C404 had an eng failure whilst going into BDG in IMC. Okay that's doable but he had to make a missed App due low cloud on one donk stay in the circuit area to get to LSALT then divert to ECH & again do another NDB App where he only just got it, all on ONE donk!!
I know the flight paramedic who was on that flight & she said it was the most harrowing experience she ever had! Well until she flew with me some years latter that is

Trust me that guy didn't do that with a couple of basic IF hrs under his belt.
The hrs/exp req's by PelAir are basic if you ask me.

Wmk2