PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why so few girls ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2002, 21:44
flyblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing pilots find hard to understand is that someone could be absolutely not interested in flying an airplane. I realised that many regard at F/A as people who were not smart enough to fly and got into the airplane through the back door.
Not that I get bored in the cockpit, not even wanting to do the landing there, as someone said. I enjoy paying a visit there. Mostr of my friends are pilots. We talk "shop", and I never get bored about it.
But I NEVER ever wanted to fly an aircraft! What I like about flying, is not what pilots do. I personally know I would be bored to death. Like if you are a painter, you may like photograpy but still your thing is something else.

Not that I think that women who want to be pilots are not discriminated: they are, in some places and at various degrees. I also think that some may be influenced by the social pressure on them. Where I work there are many more than I was used to see in other companies, maybe because there is less discrimination (even if according to the unions there is still a lot of work to be done).