PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Aircraft Orders
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2011, 06:02
crewsunite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mistake in my Retirement figures.

Hi Guys I'm so sorry. After having written my post, i was confused as i had previously worked out much worse upgrade time. I found I had made a big mistake in my figures. I had used a wrong sum. etc

Anyway I could not edit the post due maybe to Earthquake in JPN website unable to load.. Sorry for delay..

On a layover with write again once home..

Basically its 219 due retire by 2019 not 500. The figures from crew direct. Go to profile see date of birth.. takes a long time but only reliable way to know the truth.

747-8i = A bit of info from a few different sources. Plus some clever questioning from high level managers & reading from many sources, & common sense.. Plus one main other i won't say..

If 8F is a good plane its a done deal.

anyway its all about ATK! & Yields! Huge profits result, the new planes are very efficient. And big tax right offs. The current A380 does not fit that mold.

For info ave plane uses $300 million fuel per year. If that is a B777 we save about $50mill. If we have 46 of them that's $2.3bill per year enough to buy a new one in savings. and they can be written off in 4yrs, then sold to a "swire" leasing co for a few dollars and leased back at inflated prices for 20yrs (Long term = return on investment for Swire. Boeing's last!) making huge $ for swire and still saving Cx money..

These guys are not good a middle management but they sure now how to milk a cash cow. But now need to fight HKE which will be a good one to watch..

Loads of politics coming expect more integration with Air China in the medium term.

But stay focused on the big picture and join the Union and fight the major changes head on.. Prepare yourself.

DESO will start again this year is my guess.. They are very short on S/O's

But if joining expect 20yrs to CMD. This is not a career airline it used to be.

chat later..