PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just a thought for the airline bosses out there....
Old 16th Mar 2011, 06:36
ETOPS240

Fintastic

What?? You mean they are living there free? That's a new one on me, next you will be telling me they don't pay Tax either and have their shoes polished by young virgins every morning! They pay for everything, food, accommodation, grounds maintanance, council tax, plus lots more little charges you would not even consider paying for.
True and false. Unless they live in their own house (therefore subject to the same economic forces as all of us), they live extremely cheaply. Not as cheaply as at one stage, but still very cheap.

I do agree with you, however, that they have wasted a substantial amount of time. The MOD see it differently, I'm sure, as you join to be an Officer, and not a pilot. Bollocks, of course, but true. I wonder if they'll back that up by offering them another branch.

Sadly, these young, low risk, motivated guys and girls are owed nothing by the private sector. We've all fallen on hard times, and harsh as it sounds, these guys are newcomers to the party. They've had good training, and been paid for the privilege, so I fail to see how their misfortune should except them of the harsh realities of market forces.