PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just a thought for the airline bosses out there....
Old 16th Mar 2011, 00:55
Fintastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShineyTen,

Quote:

"How much personnel investment have these bright young Chaps had to make, living in the Officers Mess at taxpayers expense for X years"

What?? You mean they are living there free? That's a new one on me, next you will be telling me they don't pay Tax either and have their shoes polished by young virgins every morning! They pay for everything, food, accommodation, grounds maintanance, council tax, plus lots more little charges you would not even consider paying for. The investment comes in wasted years, with no ATPL, type rating or IR to show for it, unlike many of their civilian counterparts.

If you can be bothered to actually read my post, I just highlighted the fact that these young people would be a sound prospect for an aircrew training course. I did not suggest that they were any better or worse than a civilian counterpart, just that they would represent a low training risk.

Is it such a bad thing to hope that they have a better future and at least some prospects outside the military? They took the Queens shilling, swore to lay their lives on the line for Queen and Country (and you!), just as many servicemen and women are doing at present. What sort of person wouldn't want them to at least have a chance?