PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 15th Mar 2011, 14:31
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duncan talking tripe as usual.

Sorry Mods, I hope you'll let this stand as it directly addresses the myths within DH's latest missive. Thanks.

BALPA had no part in the dispute, they just refused to 'order' their members NOT to take part in VCC. Oddly enough, as an association, the pilots involved would have ignored it anyway. Neither did they 'organise' anything with respect to VCC or the PCCC. The rep in question, who had attended all of the company/Union/PWC briefings and, as a BALPA rep, had access to the confidential accounts information, decided that he would support the company and resigned from BALPA as a rep as he saw that the two were not condusive. Neither did BALPA 'ask' for support from BASSA over openskies, it was something they were quite happy to take on themselves.

I feel that Duncan finds it difficult to accept that individuals within another Union/Association can think, act and decide for themselves.

It is odd though that far more VCC came from sub branches of Unite than from anywhere else. Are they too guilty of this hienious sexist crime against the bruvverhood?

At least it made me chuckle.