PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2011, 05:18
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Right now, it is maybe the best time to take pilot education. After big crisis, aviation is quickly picking up again. In 3 years it will be major need for pilot in most european companies, unless anything major happens of course."
Something major like what? Nuclear threat? ;-)

Grass strip basher wrote:
It matters for those now finishing their training and gambled 1-2 years ago. Fair play to them, that took some balls.
True. With everything else being equal, it's always better to start the training when the aviation industry is down. Starting when it's picking up, that's already too late. Something we will never understand.

Cefey, I truly understand what you want: a good future for the career path you have chosen. And who knows, it may happen for whatever reason.
Speaking about the aviation industry issues doesn't automatically condemn your choice. There is no "right" or "wrong" in our carrer choice, because many pilot have passion, and some of us would have never done anything else anyway.
I say that because I sense you directly linked your choice with the future of our industry. Believing in your choice means beleiving in the future of aviation for you. It's wrong: better to assume a choice with the eyes wide open. I am even going to tell you: it's even possible to enjoy to be a pilot in 2011.
But don't fool yourself, no being able to observe the real issues won't guaranty you hapiness nor career achievement.