PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2011, 00:19
cefey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did have a very nice 30min chat with 2 SAS pilots (capt and FO).
Both of them was very positive.
To sum it up shortly:
"Right now, it is maybe the best time to take pilot education. After big crisis, aviation is quickly picking up again. In 3 years it will be major need for pilot in most european companies, unless anything major happens of course."

I was very happy to hear that. Quite much the same as I have been typing here for a month.

My dear "stuckgear", for sure, I dont know everything. Neither do you. But you know, when I hear REAL pilots, that I saw my self land a B737, say "its perfect timing for education"... well, I tend to beleive them, rather then "someone" who calles him self for "stuck-gear" on a forum. For all I know, you maybe be 17yo and not even have PPL.

KAG
I never denied influence of oil prices "at all". Maybe I just did express my self a bit wrong.
But my words was, high oil prices stands for 10%, global crisis stands for 90% of situation we are in today.
I see you dont like my "imagination numbers". Please, be so kind and calculate, exactly, how much aviation industry was affected by global crisis and how much it was affected by doubling in oil prices in 1 year. I insist on that, since you ALWAYS comment on my numbers.

Cefey = Troll.... or idiot.... or both?
Its not impossible to get a job no. But you may feel differently about aviation as a career in 5-10 years time when your T&Cs are in the dirt and you can't support the lifestyle your family wants.
There have been many like Cefey in the past... will be many like him in the future...
Thank you for your attempts on trying to insult me. People do that in discussions, when they are not able to come with any good and valid argument.
Now, I have to ask you, not to adress any more post to me, or name me.
I really do enjoy discussing different subject with smart people, cause I do learn quite much from it.
But if all you can do is "name-calling", you should rather go to kindergarden, there is more your style of argumentation.

v6g
Global crisis was building up over a time. It actually started in mid 2007 and was building until mid 2008.
Its very many various factors that impacted it, but high oil prices for 1 year, was not one of those, since oil prices vary very much in price all the time.
Actually, DROP in oil prices, caused crisis to increase highly in russia, norway and other countries, importing much oil.
But lets not talk about that. Its not the right forum and its way to big issue.