PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 14th Mar 2011, 23:09
UAV689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hear hear WWW, again wise words.

I have saved for the last 3 years for my cpl/ir/mcc, by working 2 jobs 7 days a week, along side studying every night whilst distance learning. I will be going to a 3 day week in may whilst flying 4 days a week.

The beauty of modular is it allows you to build your second career. I am now in a position where I will be earning more in my backup career than I am in my dream career. When I go down to a 3 day working week I will be earning more than I did when I first started my distance learning! The back up career gives me flexibility in the future, oil won't be around forever, and recessions will be back. I know I won't be on the dole for long if I get laid off at some point in my future aircrew career, or if I lose my class one, what is your back up plan? Especially if you have to service 100k of debt on top of a mortgage, wife and kids etc.

At the end of this 3 years of saving I will have enough for a fully funded license debt free. I will take a loan if needed for a TR but I can handle that if the end t+c are decent with a confirmed job. I will not risk my future for a pipe dream, play it safe people!

In fact with money in the bank from your savings doors will open for other opportunities. I have made an investment that if comes off I will walk away with enough profit for a FI ticket, and a house deposit, all after doing my training.

Don't get loaned up, work for it. It will all the sweeter when you get there.