PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WHY DIFFERENT MDA FOR CIRCLING APP ON RECIPROCAL R/Ws
Old 14th Mar 2011, 20:12
aterpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9.G

Well, flying a scheduled service to ZMUB the only thing I can say it's not in the data base. What is the data base is the way point FN14 where the descent will be commenced. It's a substitute of FAF in absence of such. Overlay to me is when I can just press the approach button and the a/c flies both LNAV/VNAV following the published NPA profile, NOT the case here. The approach is flown using raw data aided by the FN14 to identify the descent point.
All that says is the equipment you fly into ZMUB doesn't have the procedure in its database. The coding on the chart shows both FN14 and the final segment VNAV path angle. It's up to the airframe vendor and/or the airline what Jeppesen-provided data is included in a particular aircraft or aircraft fleet's nav database.

The database I am looking at has the complete procedure with base legs for A/B and C/D, and a VA leg to 7,600 for the missed approach, followed by a turn back to the NDB.

Anyone who would descend below MDA and past the early MAP is asking for trouble unless good VFR is assured. But, you know that since you fly there.