PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More captains busted !
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2011, 17:32
alouette3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banning Indian carriers in other countires will never happen. Why? Simple economics.First, Boeing and Airbus are falling over themselves to sell Indian carriers airplanes by the dozen. You need to just pick up any Aviation Week & Space Technolgy to confirm that.All the Indian govt has to do is to ask the private carriers to cancel their multi billion dollars worth of orders and both Boeing and Airbus will cry foul to their respective governments. The carriers will not be affected. They will simply buy Embraers from Brazil and keep on trucking.Who loses?
Second, the retalition from the Indian govt.will be swift. Foreign carriers will have to submit the bonafides of their pilots for the carriers to continue operations to and from India. If we take the emotion out and look at this scenario objectively, we will have to acknowledge that India will not be the loser.
The solution is in taking baby steps. I believe the DGCA ,under the current leadership,is doing just that. Scrutinize and punish the defaulters (Pilots and Airlines who hired them included) .Tighten the oversight. Make the ATPL exam a little more realistic and do away with the very subjective Oral part.Ultimately, the tide will turn.Clean house. But one room at a time. As to changing the corrupt culture.That will never happen. You see the Indian philosophy is : the end justifies the means.
And ,finally, might I dare suggest, all this talk of banning Indian carriers to operate into other countries is a bad case of schadenfruede?A lot of expats are smarting at the new DGCA medical requirements and the fact that the FATA is on it's way out and Indian (un)qualified pilots are being accomodated at the cost of the expats jobs and so on. Guys ,I feel for you.But I also know ,you want nothing more than to see Indian Aviation fall flat on it's face. A.KA. The Smoking Hole.
Fire at will.
Alt3