PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Posted on the Wannabe Forum
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2011, 11:23
Frogman1484

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an apartment for rent. It is 571 sq feet. The current rent is $13000 per month. It is in an old block and out of the way. The rent is probably one of the cheaper ones around.

As you can see the $10000 Cx is offering for you accommodation will not even rent you a 2 bedroom box. If you do pay in the difference and move in you will be living in this box until you are a senior FO which is probably 6-7 years.
After that you housing will move to $14000 which basically means you will still live in the box for a few more years.

Once you get to Captain rank you then can move into a 3 bedroom apartment of about 1100 sq feet ( slightly bigger box).

The one catch is that you will have to wait about 15 years before you can live in a big enough place.

While you wait for the better accommodation to happen, you will be bonded by CX with their cash offer. All this means that while you are going backwards financially you will not be able to leave for 6 years.

What this means is that CX knows that this is a **** offer and the only way they can stop you from going somewhere better is by bonding you. If they did not bond you they know that everyone would come and get the rating and leave to better paying and lifestyle places.

All I can say is that you need to be very careful as once you move, you will not be able to leave...sounds like slave labour to me.