PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2011, 06:37
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool. Now, thanks to PPRuNe Towers, I looked randomly at 5 companies.
Alpi Eagles 8 foker 100, 2 boeing
AirClass Airways 1 boeing.
Omskavia 3 Tu154
Vyborg Airlines 2 Il
Siem Reap Airways International - 3 airplanes

In that article, it said, 25 companies, went bankrupt OR ceased their operation. So, it was 25 companies that went bankrupt. "25" is including ceased operation.

So, out of 5 companies I googled, 60 pilots lost their jobs (3 pilots for 1 airplane).
You must have used quite much time, to find companies with 16 or even 50 airplanes) Too bad PPRuNe Towers towers published the list and I could google it(

So, 25 companies WORLDWIDE going bankrupt. Biggest on is 50 airplanes, smallest one is 1 airplane. Average is like 10? No exactly something you call major airliner.
So it seems like your wiki-article is counting for airliners, any companies that have 1 or more jets.
The pprune towers list has 70 airlines, do you realize it? Different than 25, you understand?
The number of pilot for 1 airplane in my company is 8.
You use numbers with absolutly no knowledge to justify yourself in a way I have seldom seen.
You are the one wanting to put all the 2008 crisis only in those 25 airlines anyway, without knowing which ones you are talking about. And know you are completely lost with numbers, still want to make some calculation to explain us with FACTS that there were no crisis in 2008. That's almost sick.
2008 was a global aviation crisis, my company got rid of 60% of its fleet at that time. Our fleet begining 2008 was more important than the one we have today. Begining 2008 my airline forecast for 2011 was 200% more airplanes than we actually have now. In 2008 we downsized, 2009 it was easy to make some profit with a fuel at $30 sometimes (today it's $110), and we were recovering, my company got at that time (during the economic crisi) a few airplane back.

So, how many companies around the world, own at least 1 jet-plane? For sure more then 10.000.
Quit finding numbers out of your imagination, that's just silly. More than 10.000 airlines (wikipedia use airline, don't change the word) with 1 or more than 1 jet?

To compare, in 2006 SAS had around 2500 pilots. Since then they have increased their fleet quite much.
So, all pilots that lost their jobs, due to high oil-prices is something like 1 major company.

Now, lets think for a while. Do companies go bankrupt from time to time? Sure they do.
So, oil-crisis just killed 25 minor companies, that already had big issues?
25? you just said you googled your information from the pprune towers list, which has 70 airlines.
Anyway no, oil crisis did more than that, it touched all the airlines in the world, that's why it was a crisis, one of the aviation crisis the most important ever.

I still stand by my word.
Did doble in oil price had impact in aviation? Yes.
Is situation we have today, caused by that? No, global crisis have to take the blame.
90% global crisis, 10% oil prices.
Again with your numbers and calculation from your imagination and feelings, we are back in middle age, that is really not serious.