PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Touch And Goes with no flaps
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2011, 21:31
Swift-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cloud Chaser, he was not my instructor. He is an instructor in the school but he has never flew with he so he does not know my abilities. My instructor has told me the day before to practice landings with flaps 0, 10, 20 and 30 like I did before with him and that's what I did in this flight. When I arrived at the hangar, he (the other instructor) yelled at me and started asking questions like "Why do you want to be a pilot?" and "Your parents are paying this course for this?" (in Portuguese of course ). He also asked me how many aircraft do I know that are certified to land with no flaps. Weird question, I did not answer... (All?) Also, C152 Checklist says T/O 0 to 10 degrees and landing 0 to 10 (70kt), 20 (65kt) and 30 (60kt) so it allows landing with flaps up.

I have contacted my instructor right after this and he told me there is no problem at all practicing landings with no flaps. You are also telling me there is no big deal and that it is not unsafe. Thanks for your help.

By the way, the runway 1190m long (3900ft I guess) so it is pretty long for a C152 I don't see why he treated me that way.