PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cleveland Police go it alone!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2011, 20:36
lynx no more

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No cliffs there lad?

Having spent many a happy hour up there in a fine gazelle, I know the beach in question, and if they were north of saltburn towards Redcar and Marske there are no cliffs to fall off. Its flat sand and a few dunes to be exact, a mile or so from the nearest houses.

Google earth will show you the place. Look up Redcar, and then have a look south east along the beach towards Saltburn. The bit inbetween is where it seems to have been according to the report.
There are cliffs further south of Saltburn but not in the area the locals were playing in.

Sounds like a breach of civil liberties to me, and seems a bit over the top and its been well discussed down here. I bet most of us when younger would have been there as well.

We would have left them get on with it, but I suppose someone in the control room wanted a live downlink pic to watch if they were bored up in Cleveland. 90 mins is a bit OTT though.
I'm suprised that large councillor McKluckie of McDuckie whatever he's called, didnt try charging the youths a fee for using the beach for the night, or did he