PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2011, 20:34
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure I do. It shows at least I have SOME numbers, counter your... Nothing? Well, if I have no clue, then lets not even mention you..
As I said earlier (hey, you supposed to be proff. pilot? Why do I need to type same thing over and over again? No wonder marked is so bad for you... Explains quite a lot), Depends WHAT you call for airlines. 1 "Dash-8" or "at least 5 B737". Since you gave no nubmers what so ever, its very hard for me to specify.
Indeed, I dont have a clue (just like you), what your source is calling for "airline". Might as well be c-210, for all we know?
I asked you to specify, but you didnt
What a long sentence to admit you have no clue about which number you are using.

From your own post. I guess you lack not only basic logic, but memory as well. Bad, bad combo for pilot...
at least twenty-five airlines world-wide entered bankruptcy or were forced to cease operations.
And just to make it clear (I know its hard with lack of logic), to make it easier and not guessing, who go bankrupt, who had to cease operation, I count all of them as "bankrupt" or you can call it "bad times" for whole 25 companies...
Exactly, from the wikipedia extract I gave you. What is an airline for wikipedia when they mention the bankrupcies? Let's have a look again at the full extract I gave you:

Although Peak oil theorists such as David Goodstein, Richard Heinberg, and others, had for years predicted sharp declines in air travel following the peaking of world oil production and its subsequent decline, air travel enjoyed robust growth around much of the world spurred by low jet fuel costs starting in the mid-1980s. For example, air travel in the United States grew five times faster than population in the decades after 1978, with 769 million passengers boarding U.S. airline flights in 2007.[36] However, the run-up in oil prices after 2003 began eroding airline profits, and the further doubling of oil prices from May 2007 to May 2008 began to have a substantial impact on airline operations, forcing airlines to reduce flight schedules, and pushing weaker carriers into merger or bankruptcy. During the first half of 2008, at least twenty-five airlines world-wide entered bankruptcy or were forced to cease operations.
April 2008 began with four small airlines (Aloha Airlines, Champion Air, ATA Airlines and Skybus Airlines) ceasing operations in a period of a week. A fifth airline, Oasis Hong Kong Airlines ceased operations on April 9, 2008.[40] A sixth airline, Frontier Airlines filed for bankruptcy on April 11, 2008 to protect itself from its credit card processing company which was withholding airline ticket revenues. Frontier continues to operate under Chapter 11 and is working to get a new agreement with said company. Eos Airlines, a small specialty carrier with high costs, ceased operations on April 27, 2008. An eighth airline Nationwide Airlines ceased operations on April 29, 2008, due to the "impossibility" of profitably operating the Boeing 737-200 with oil prices of over $133 a barrel. The 737-200 is a 30 year old aircraft that is 30% less fuel efficient than new production 737's. On May 9, 2008, a ninth airline, EuroManx announced that it was ceasing all operations, citing rising fuel prices and reduced passenger numbers as the reasons.

Let's review the example they give when they speak about what kind of airline went to bankruptcy:

Aloha Airlines 22 Boeing 737
Champion Air 16 Boeing 727
ATA Airlines 29 Boeing 737/757 DC10/Lockheed L-1011-500 Tristar
Skybus Airlines 17 Airbus 319, 62 in order
Oasis Hong Kong Airlines 5 Boeing 747 (and some in order when went to bankrupcy)
Frontier Airlines 50 Airbus, some embraer. (after this company went to bankrupcy an other one bought it.
Eos Airlines 6 Boeing 757
airline Nationwide Airlines 17 Boeing 737/727/767

2 points:
-If we take the numbers only from the few example they give us (and not the total 25 airlines they are thinking about), we already have 170 Boeing Airbus, so around 1500 pilots affected whitin 6 months. Do you realize what we are talking about in this article, what kind of airlines? Do you know what is 1500 pilots within 6 months? And I took only the few examples of the bankrupcy they gave, that's bot the entire list, and of course we don't mention all the airlines who didn't go to bankruptcy but got rid of part of their pilot.

-If you took your information (25 airlines went to bankrupcy within 6 months, first half of 2008) from this article, do you realise how much ridiculous are your numbers, like 100 000, 20 000 or 10 000 airlines?

Do you know the total number of Boeing/Airbus that are flying right now around the world?

Your calculations are completely crazy, they come from nowhere, yet you gave them to all of us as a FACT. Wake up.