PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 13th Mar 2011, 18:05
KieranBal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't help but be massively confused on these forums. One the one hand, you have a load of people saying that I would be foolish choosing to waste thousands on an integrated course which gets me nowhere and lands me in exactly the same situation as a modular. On the other hand, such as this thread, there are a number of people saying that going modular and spending the money you've saved on hours and a TR gives you sod all and that the TR and hours are all useless.
To quote clanger32 "you could get the same qualification for less money and go and buy hours on type from line training companies BUT THESE HOURS ARE WORTH APPROX ALL"

All I'm saying is that it seems to me, it's all down to when you get your licences/hours/TR, not where you got it from or how you got it? I have looked at both modular and integrated and both have their upsides and downsides.

From what I've read, and correct me if I'm wrong, if there are jobs going then the integrated people tend to get a slightly better chance than modular.
Financially, however, modular means you are able to stay in a job through your training and only spend £50,000 as a pose to £100,000.

I originally came to these forums looking to clarify questions such as modular vs integrated but I always end up walking away with the fog twice as thick as it was when I arrived.