PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2011, 13:02
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KAG
if you read my post once more, you'll find out, I used 10.000-20.000 and 100.000 from the start.
It just shows you have no clue, and you don't know which number to chose. It could be 1000 or 500 aswell. Where did you get you number: 25 airlines going to bankrupcy from?

And guardian and wikipedia is very reliable source. Like most reliable of all you could find.
Better source than a wannabe. Did you forget to mention the IATA source on purpose, or you have memory probs?

As I said earlier. Put operation on hold for couple of months, stop hiring pilots - on thing.
Companies going bankrupt, firing people, very experienced pilots can get a job, and it stay this way for 3 years - totally different.
Yes it is.

2 easy questions:
1. If there was none high oil price, but there was global crisis, would aviation still be as bad as it is today? (answer is yes btw).
Answer NO: The lower is the oil price, the lower is the airfare, the more people buy tickets, the more the airline flies (or the less they ground airplanes). In addition have a look at the airlines profit, and the link with the fuel price.

2. If there was high oil-prices for a while, but none global crisis, would situation be as bad as it is today? (answer is no, not even close).

First half of 2008 world economy was booming, airlines were suffering, grounding airplanes, bankruptcy for some.

And you can argue and trying to prove your self as much as you want. Did high oil prices had influence on aviation? Yes.
You are right.

Was it high oil prices that killed aviation for 3 years? No, that was global crisis. And THATS IT.
High price induced a lot of airline bankrupcy till july 2008 with fuel price at $147. When the price went down (down to something like $25/30), thanks to the recession in 2009, much less companies went to bankrupcy.