PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2011, 10:57
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch/connections

Monarch are determined to squeeze every spare minute out of their BHX aircraft. They have now added a high-season second Tenerife (evening) on a Tuesday leaving leaving just one Wednesday evening slot available other than night flight and even then there is little left. An example of this is the Saturday night Ibiza is no longer shown as Saturday night but a Sunday flight at 00.45 departure!!!

Dublin

I have often looked at connecting via Dublin to JFK or MCO but I have found it not to be that competitive with fares usually quite high. Although to be fair I am restricted to school hols but May last year BHX-DUB-MCO was £650 each whereas I flew TOM from BHX direct to SFB at £417.

New York usually only comes out at about £50 cheaper than Continental but of course that varies depending on the time of year etc.

Phileas Fogg

"Besides that, let's cut to the chase, Guinness is cheaper in BHX than it is in LHR"

In the days of the old terminal when I worked at BHX, if you believed the Cheltenham punters it was one the best pints outside of the Emerald Isles

Pete