PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2011, 09:26
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aye CC, Houston was what I was alluding to. Wonder if we'll ever see something concrete? Maybe after the extra concrete is laid?! I could never quite decide whether the then Continental had actually said they were interested or not - I don't recall seeing any press reports that confirmed that Continental had commented publically one way or the other. Klm have been quoted as showing an interest but that was a couple of years ago now & no more has been heard. Not sure they would be allowed to operate a revenue UK-USA-UK service unless any flight originated/terminated in Amsterdam.

However, what about other oil niche routes, to the likes of Calgary (lots of Canadian independents have a North Sea portfolio nowadays), Dubai (airport management had a link as one of their asperations - long term), even Kazakhstan, another area that has growing links to ne Scotland as the oil industry expands its knowledge globally?

Mind you we haven't managed to regain Oslo after it was axed - was there ever the sufficient demand for it, as was claimed?