PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So many multiple correct (or none correct) answers
Old 12th Mar 2011, 19:08
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There isn't supposed to be anything jet-specific in the 7-exam subset. I checked this specifically.

Yes, the electrical questions are bizzare in their relevance to operating an aircraft. For me they are easy but ......... so pointless! You may as well learn how many goolies a male in a certain species of spider has. And the avionics of anything half modern has moved on since that avionics stuff was written. They consider a KNS80 as state of the art equipment; it has been obsolete at least 10 years.

The IFR nav stuff is like a college trip to the Iron Bridge I did in 1974. It was largely obsolete in operational terms at the time JAA came in 10 years ago. No wonder fresh JAA IR graduates say they can't fly IFR around Europe, and IMHO the system hangs together only because they end up in the RHS with a clued-up old boy in the LHS.

There are new exams due June 2011, slightly (10-15%) reduced, but they are about 3 years overdue and the date may slip. Anybody sitting the current exams must pass the last one before March 2012 otherwise - it is officially stated though I can hardly believe this would actually happen - all existing passes will be forfeited.