PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th Mar 2011, 14:30
dave747436

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA

Hi BG,

I hope you're right about the EASA EuroFTL proposals - and think you probably are to some extent.

It may not be an instant change.
Perhaps you won't wake up the morning after the legislation is passed to find that you're actually reporting to LGW today, at 0430, to fly 6 sectors, finishing at LHR 14hrs later....(even though your car's at LGW!).

The trend will inevitably be towards the limit though, wherever that limit is finally set, as airlines struggle to remain profitable against a background of increasing taxes & fuel prices. Sadly in this industry we're always just one 9/11 or oil crisis away from staring bankruptcy in the face

Just as Mixed Fleet will be a constant thorn in BASSA's side during every future pay negotiation, these EASA proposals will reduce our negotiators ability to preserve our current conditions.

My view is that I'd rather expend some energy now to influence the limits, rather than expend energy later to avoid being rostered to them!

It may be that we cannot influence change - but if we say & do nothing then the airlines that are pushing this legislation through (and why would they bother if they don't intend to use it?) will be able to say "look, our crews don't care!".

Can I suggest a visit to FTL Campaign Site • BALPA FTL Campaign Home , there's some interesting graphs & information on there.

ATB

BG - You have a PM.

Last edited by dave747436; 12th Mar 2011 at 14:43.