PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th Mar 2011, 23:15
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

R V. I think 'vindicate my willingness to do nothing' is a bit rich.

Are you not one of the pilots encouraging cabin crew to leave Unite! So what exactly are you suggesting someone like me does!

I have read and reread the proposal and I can assure you, I did not cherry pick anything. I genuinely looked at our cabin crew current scheme and compared it with this proposal and the hours were similar. I did think the ability to reduce rest to 7.5 hours, not including transport, was not good but I really doubt many Captains would agree with this being a satisfactory level of rest and the proposal did say that he had to take into consideration how tired his crew were before reducing the rest!

Anyway, we will just have to agree to disagree with each other and as Mr. Bunker said, lets hope you are not right! Quite frankly I very much doubt anything that a cabin crew union says will make any difference to what these EU people will do. Plus don't forget that for some countries within the EU this is actually MORE restrictive and those countries will be protesting that it is too strict!!!

These are my views and not those of BA