PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2011, 21:18
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They can apply to you as well, when you are denying and rationalizing my post.
Don't take yourself for the world and its reality.

Only difference, I do, somehow backup my words with some fact.
No you don't, everybody can see you do some calculation with numbers coming directly from your imagination.

All you come up with, is 1 article and... and thats it.
3 articles, one from IATA, the other from the GUARDIAN, the other from wikipedia. Any article, news, paper, TV... from 2008 and aviation are all saying the same. I could post as much as you want of those articles if you wanted. So find at least one article that proves what you said: aviation crisis in 2008 is not related for the most part to the fuel crisis, and 2008 aviation crisis is not one of the biggest of all time.

Well, my bad, I count not the only first 6 month, but whole year.
And you still don't understand...
Yes those article speak about the aviation recession and bankrupcy during the first 6 months of 2008, but you keep saying it 's not oil that put our industry down, but the bank crash, followed by the recession. Their were no bank turmoil the first half of 2008, which part you don't understand.
I was employed during 2008, and I followed everything step by step, like companies parking hundreds of airplanes due to high oil price, like airlines going to bankrupcy, other puting thousands of pilot on layoff, other cancelling all the order, other cancelling routes, almost all freezing all hiring begining of 2008 due to oil prices when the world economy was booming and the bank turmoil was yet to come.
Are you going to wake up? Why don't you decide to be honnest and do some research yourself?

And stop coming with numbers from nowhere.
If you speak about 10 000 (before it was 100 000, or 20 000 in your post...)airlines according to your definition, so you have to find out how many of them (those same 10 000, or 20 000 or 100 000 you keep changing) went to bankrupcy in 2008 to start to make some calculation, that's not middle age anymore, and studies have to be accurates.