PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2011, 20:42
Mikeair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ct,
I found your post (and subsequent ones) very interesting. I too dreamed of the pilot career from a young age but lost focus when in college - couldnt make my mind up about uni then got a career for a blue chip chemical company straight out of college - got used to the money & splashing out on bull**** fancy cars etc.

12 yrs on and im still earning a good wage but have come to realise that im bored and want to be happy - Working under the Liverpool airport flightpath means I can never forget about my 'itch'!

Got my PPL a few years ago and am just taking my time now to build hours - also swotting up on maths/physics in my spare time (need to build confidence in this) and looking over some ATPL DVDs/books to familiarise.

pretty much a slow burner I guess but dont care If i dont end up in an airliner - just being an FI would do me - dont care if Im earning a pittance just want to be flying.

Think it can get quite negative in here sometimes but youve just got to stick with it and do things as/when your ready - there's no denying youve got the itch and theres only one way to sort it out. Even if you give it a go and fail at least youve tried.

If I give it a shot and end up back where I started Ill just be grateful that I can get up at weekends as an amateur!

Good luck and let us know how you get on