PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2011, 17:26
cefey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KAG
Of course we dont look at TAF, see low RVR and go.
We rather wait for Clear of clouds, 10SM vis, we need to do some pattern work. But we say "You know what, lets not take a chance. Who knows, maybe there is some wind shears. Lets go play on microsoft sim and be happy with that!"

I dont see any relevance in your comparison.
Go for pilot education is not the same is "go out and die".

Im not denying anything. I just showed you facts. You make it sound sooo big, "Whole 25 companies went bankrupt!!!!" reality? that between 0.012 and 0.12% of all companies. Like it or not, that FACTS.

You still havent answered my questions.
Would you cancel your vacation, which you budgeted for 1500$, because ticket prices increased from 150$ to 160$? (So, no your vacation would cost 1510$).
Do you think many other would? Many enough, for whole aviation industry to collapse?

2nd question
You still think, increase in oil prices and not the global crisis, that affected all industries and made many major banks and companies go bankrupt, is real cause for crisis in aviation industry?
With other words, US-economy collapse because off loans and stuff, major banks and companies going bankrupt. People loosing their jobs, houses. All industries going down BIG TIME, cutting down production, firing people.
All but one. Aviation industry is not affected at all by crisis, thats forced whole world down on knees. Well, to be fair, aviation industry have really bad times, exactly like the rest of the world, but not because of crisis, aviation industry is suffering because of high oil prices?
Apparently, you dont have any clue, whats going on. You did read 1 article on internett and now you know everything.

Im not an optimist. Im a realist.
Is pilot market picking up?
Yes, it does.
Is it possible for an experienced pilot to get a job?
Yes, it is. Even for biggest and "best" companies.
Is it possible for low hour pilots get a job?
Very hard in big companies, but absolutely possible to get a job, to built hours.
Will pilot market continue to picking up?
Yes it will, if nothing major happens.

I dont clame that times will be amazing. Maybe. But tbh I doubt it. But market WILL be better then now. And it will be possible to get a job. Sure, you gonna have to work for it, nothing gonna come free.
But if you set your goal, work for it, is a little bit flexible, you'll get there.