PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2011, 14:58
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Cefey. Great. I am sure your positive attitude and good influence would convince a few more hundreds individuals to join our industry. Good job.
Positive attitude is great, especially when you are not responsible for anything or anybody.

How many students have you trained? How long have you been in this industry? Or maybe are you a wannabe who wants to reassure himself? If so don't put everybody in your personal boat. You are in charge of your life, that's all.
And I don't know the meaning of optimism in poetry or litterature, but this is aviation industry here.
We don't say in the briefing room: look this TAF, RVR is too low, sure, but what a challenge right? Let's go! And we don't need that much fuel, we will try to fly in outer space to save some. Look at our alternate, heavy snow, what you don't like snow we can play with snow balls after our arrival!!!

Your posts seem completely out of reality. You even deny the fuel major influence on the aviation industry in 2008, I think you have no clue about what's going on.

Ok I am going to tell you what is optimism in our career: this is to do everything to stay alive, or not make any foolish decision. This is to make everything you can to be well trained, informed, and never take anything for granted.
This is our industry.
If you want to hear: great, let's go! It will be fine! Let's do it! Future is bright! No cloud at all! Then go in the finance field. In our industry you will be paid to stay alive, not to be optimistic about the environment you cannot control.