PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet New Ab-initio scheme :)
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2011, 13:40
BusinessMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@v2 - very interesting point you bring up there about this scheme almost certainly being unsponsored (ab-initio £, notwithstanding T/R etc), similarly to most of the old tagged schemes. The only true 'sponsorship' I remember seeing since 911 was the Bond Helicopters scheme in 2007 (roughly 75% sponsored).

However (and I appreciate most people disagree with me on this), with the current dirth of available lending it is my opinion that at least partial sponsorship will have to make a reappearance in the next few years.

I believe this because I don't see how else the airlines will be able to get both the required volume and quality of ab-initio intake which they will be seeking, come the upturn and once the existing backlog is absorbed.

Quality based primarily on who can afford the training has always been dubious to say the least and with so little funding available now I can't see how the volume of quality trainees can be provided without sponsorship in the medium term.

I think it'll take a couple of years but I think it'll happen ... even if no-one else does .

Anyway, hopefully this recent news is some light at the end of the tunnel for those trying to get in now.