PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet New Ab-initio scheme :)
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2011, 12:01
veetwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news indeed that things seem to be starting to move in our industry again. I do wonder what CTC will make of this announcement though! Hopefully an end to their stranglehold on easyJet recruitment.

Just a couple of notes of caution here guys.

1. I very much doubt that this new scheme will be "sponsored" in any way. It is more likely to be akin to the old "tagged" schemes where you pay for the training yourself and subject to satisfactory performance and a vacancy being available at the time of graduation you can expect a job offer. Nevertheless it is preferable to going it alone and not being tagged!

2. The problem with the MPL, as several chaps at Sterling found out if memory serves, is that should your placement with easyJet not work out (for whatever reason) you may find yourself in a difficult position with regards to finding alternative employment on an MPL. Make sure you don't put all your eggs in once basket without a back up plan.

3. It it is good that you have an airline placement waiting at the end. However, all is not well in the land of orange. Morale is genuinely appalling and the increasing use of contract staff is degrading terms and conditions, together with the collective bargaining power of the union. Expect to work very hard and give up your right to a social life pretty much indefinately due to the increasing use of "flexible rostering". I appreciate it is difficult for wannabes to worry about such things before even securing the job, but it's worth a second thought in my book. Sadly, easyJet seems hell bent on a course of confrontation with it's staff and where it will lead, no one knows.

Notwithstanding the above, the very best of luck to all those who apply. It is clearly a good opportunity to get in with a major jet operator at the start of your career..and as a stepping stone to greater things.