PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet New Ab-initio scheme :)
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2011, 11:34
BusinessMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some more good news: BBC News - Airline giant Virgin Atlantic creates 450 jobs - with BA and Virgin currently hiring experienced pilots the flow of openings will move downwards as people in smaller airlines leave for these positions.

@kingofkabul - BA were on the verge of rolling a scheme out about 3 years ago but the credit crunch just caught up with them. I'll be very interested to watch their moves over the next couple of years

@giggitygiggity - sorry I'm not v familar with it but doesn't CTC tag people for an airline right from the start? Either way, if the last 'upturn' is anything to go by, then I'd expect to see the larger operators taking their pick of the candidates from a selection of schools and not necessarily limiting themselves just to the one with whom they have a scheme running.

Requirements vary over time and with a roughly 18month lead time from starting an ab-initio course to line-qualified airlines will still need to fill fluctuating gaps via sources other than their own schemes.

Last edited by BusinessMan; 11th Mar 2011 at 11:55.