PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th Mar 2011, 09:17
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Thanks Mr. Bunker,

Yes it is obvious that a lot of these proposals by the EASA have been badly thought out and I am glad that your union is protesting.

I know that BA may well adopt some of these things but as you are, I am sure aware, BA crew don't actually work to the limits of the CAA regulations and lots of smaller charter or low cost airlines do.

It is, a worry and I am very glad you are all looking into this issue but the point I was just trying to make was that, just because you can roster like this, does not mean that BA will roster like this. As in the example of WW and E/F cabin crew now, our agreements are more generous that the current BA scheme, so BA have not forced us down to the lowest level possible and even Mixed Fleet that do work to scheme rules are having safeguards put into their rostering because the scheme at present is creating tired crew. All I was pointing out was that just because they CAN roster to these levels does not mean the they WILL.

But I am very pleased that you all are looking into this and protesting to the higher authorities and I am sure that because you are well respected pilots they will listen to what you say, far more than me as a mere uninformed cabin crew member!! Just joking!!!

Once again thanks for explaining all this to me and other cabin crew and thanks for protesting on all our behalves and I can clearly see that it is definitely in all our interests that these proposals do not go ahead.

Last edited by Betty girl; 11th Mar 2011 at 09:27.