PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 10th Mar 2011, 20:35
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry Betty Girl but I have to disagree. This isn't scaremongering. This is happening and it's happening right now. If you are in any doubt of that, please take the time to read the R&N thread.

Don't worry too much because, as I have mentioned, I don't think any airline like BA would want to roster any crew more than BA are already rostering you Mixed Fleeters.
Really? Two years ago, would you have thought BA would have rostered Mixed Fleet as they have? The truth is, EVERY airline will do whatever it has to in order to survive. If that means a high crew turnover, then so be it. Just have a look at some of the Middle Eastern airlines. Known for great service and also known for working their crew to the very limits. Again, if you have any doubt, have a read through the ME threads.

StewM,

I'm sorry if that worries you but in my opinion, it should. BASSA are in the situation they are now because they never thought BA would do what they have. Frankly, I'm not sure there is a lot we can do it about it. Not enough cabin crew in this country have the knowledge or interest in what is happening in the industry to make a difference. Those of us on here and on other aviation sites are in the minority, which ever side of the fence we may be sitting on. In the majority, it seems apathy rules. (Obviously, not including BG in that, even if we do disagree on this threat!)