PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2011, 16:39
cefey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
volunteerpilot
I do know my self, several guys, that did work hard and got their jobs.

One guy I know, after getting his FAA CPL ME IR is now flying in Brasil and enjoying life. Sure, he dont make tons of money. But enough to pay down his loans, pay for apartment, food and get drunk now and then.

Other guy, worked as CFI in US and UAE for 4 years. Now he is about to start at Lufthansa.

3rd guy, got his FAA CPL ME IR, now he is doing his JAA fATPL, after that, he will start for turkish airlines, since he has some friends there. (he is around 47yo btw)

This is just some of the stories. I know many more guys that have succeeded and enjoy pilot-life.
As well, I do know many guys, who paid 50-80k for education and now back where they started. Working on factory/gas station/grocery store. They keep complaining about bad marked and "hoping for better times".

Who are you listening to? A guy who calls him self "captainsuperstorm" on some forum? Do you even know, if he is a capt.? If he is a man? Maybe its just some 14yo forum troll having fun. I have never seen him helping anyone with any aviation questions... just whining around about bad marked....
But even if he is capt. You really on a guy saying "dont do you pilot education, marked will be worse and worse forever! In 10-15 years only pilots will be sons of 1000 richest people on the planet!". A guy who in no way can know, how is marked for fresh pilots!!!

Search for pilot jobs on internett. Many places there is requirement of 300-500TT. Get a job there. Work there for some years and then go for big airliner, which require 1500-2000TT.