PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 10th Mar 2011, 12:37
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Well lets hope that behind the scenes that they have made a representation on the behalf a BA cabin crew and if not then they are letting their membership down.

Having said that though, I do realise that airlines are always driving down cost etc. but for years BA have operated within the CAA scheme rules but have not up until now rostered either cabin crew or pilots to those limits.

I understand that these new rules will be even less restrictive but I am not sure that, that necessarily equates with BA actually adopting these limits, as up until last November (when Mised Fleet started) they never have rostered to the limit under our current scheme.

They have of course just started to roster Mixed Fleet to the current CAA scheme rules but having looked at quite a few of these rosters, I find it hard to believe that it would be sustainable to roster to even lower limits. In fact some safeguards have already been put in place, to alleviate some of the problems that have developed, as a result of Mixed Fleet crew informing the company that some of the rosters have been too tiring.

What I am saying is that just because the rules get relaxed it might not necessarily follow that ALL the companies adopt the new limits. Some may put safety first and realise that these new limits are unsatisfactory.

It is of course to be applauded that BALPA is highlighting these safety implications.